Mary Rutan Hospital is committed to promoting and supporting healthy lifestyles of Logan County residents. To foster community partnerships, Mary Rutan Foundation has established a grant program focused on areas of concern identified in periodic Community Health Assessments.
In 2020, mental health was identified as the highest priority of health risk and need. Over the past five years, the number of adults attempting suicide has nearly doubled from 129 to 243. In addition, through the Signs of Suicide screening administered to Logan County students, 21% of combined 8th, 10th, and 12th grades indicated having attempted suicide one or more times.
The focus of support for this grant cycle is: MENTAL HEALTH
Preference will be given to programs that incorporate and/or demonstrate impact on one or more of the following in Logan County:
- Populations identified as at-risk
- Family and/or caregiver involvement
- School-based implementation
- Innovative local partnerships
Qualified applicants must be a Logan County:
- 501(c)3 organization or
- Complete applications must be submitted electronically by midnight, October 7, 2022.
- Awarded programs will be announced by November 30, 2022.
- A total of $50,000 is available this funding cycle.
- Grant requests may range from $500 to $10,000.
- In order to be awarded, request amounts may be adjusted.
- An interview may be scheduled for an applicant request of $5,000 or more.
Questions regarding the grant program or qualifications to apply may be directed to Mary Rutan Foundation at 937.599.7003.